Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Heroes: Day Four activities


Good morning bloggers!

I hope you're enjoying blogging as much as I am :-) I've really enjoyed reading your blogs so far and I think you've done a great job with your articles about your 'heroes'. I feel like I know you all a little bit better now! Fabio and Diego, I'm looking forward to reading yours when you've posted them.

Here are the activities for today!

Activity 1: Edit and re-write
  • Work on your own.
  • Read carefully through the printed-out version of your blog post about your hero, and think about how you can correct the highlighted errors.
  • Edit post your post, making any necessary changes.
  • Publish it when it's ready.

Activity 2: Read others' work
  • Read the blog posts that your classmates have written and find out about their heroes.
  • Add comments at the bottom of their posts to give them some feedback.
  • Find the answers to the questions below and post them to your blog.
  1. What does Minsun admire about Myung bo Hong?
  2. How have Tolkien's books influenced Alain?
  3. Why was 2002 such an important year for Ronaldo?
  4. What sets Lewis Hamilton apart from other Formula-1 drivers?
  5. According to Agnes, how does Rod Stewart feel about London, his birthplace?
  6. In what ways is Richard P. Feynman unlike most scientists?
  7. What is so significant about Heath Ledger receiving an Oscar award?

Activity 3: A song


'Heroes' 
by David Bowie

I, I ____ _____ ______ _____
Like the __________, like dolphins can swim
Though nothing,
_______ _____ ______ ____ _________
We can beat them, for ever and ever
Oh ___ ____ ___ _______, 
just for one day

I, __ ____ ___ ______
And you, you will be queen
Though nothing will drive them away
___ ____ ___ _______, just for one day
We can be us, just for one day

I, I can remember (I remember)
Standing, by the wall (by the wall)
And the guns shot above our heads
(over our heads)
And we kissed, 
as though nothing could fall
(nothing could fall)
And the shame was on the other side
Oh we can beat them, for ever and ever
Then we could be heroes, 
just for one day

We can be heroes
We can be heroes
We can be heroes
Just for one day
We can be heroes

No comments:

Post a Comment